Sometimes people don’t have time to type their tasks. It’s a great opportunity for you to make money from it. Have you imagined getting money by just typing?
Most people must be familiar with typing in their daily activities. People type for contacting their friends, family, or colleagues by sending messages or emails. Student types for completing their task, sending emails to the lecturers, or more.
However, is it possible to get money by typing? yes, it’s. There are many legit typing jobs available online, so you can do it remotely.
You can start typing jobs by choosing the simplest typing job such as data entry. However, you can start with a more difficult one if you have the required qualification.
What is a Typing Job?
A typing job typically involves typing text into a document or database, often with the goal of organizing, processing, or transcribing information. Typing jobs can take many forms, including data entry, transcription, content writing, and more.
Data entry involves inputting data into the system, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, or other information. This can be done in various industries, including healthcare, finance, and customer service.
Transcription involves listening to audio or video files and typing what is said into a text document. Transcription jobs can include medical, legal, or general transcription and may require specialized knowledge or training.
Content writing involves creating written content for websites, blogs, or other online platforms. This can include articles, blog posts, product descriptions, and more. Content writing jobs may require research and creativity.
Overall, typing jobs require a strong ability to type accurately and quickly, attention to detail, and sometimes specialized knowledge or training. Typing jobs can be done remotely and offer flexibility in terms of scheduling and location.
What Kind Of Online Typing Jobs You Can Do From Home?
Here are 25 typing jobs you can do from home with explanations for each:
1. Data Entry Clerk
The task of a data entry clerk is to input data into computer systems using a keyboard or scanner. You will be responsible for entering information into various databases or spreadsheets as a data entry clerk. Excellent typing skills and attention to detail are required for this position.
How to be Data Entry Clerk?
These are some actions you can take if you want to work as a data entry clerk:
- Develop your typing skills: Data entry clerks must be quick and accurate typists. Regular practice and online typing classes can help you get better at typing.
- Learn basic computer skills: You’ll need to be at ease using computers and be familiar with Microsoft Office and other basic programs. You can enroll in online courses to learn more about these programs if you are unfamiliar with them.
- Search for data entry jobs: Job forums, company websites, and freelance platforms are good places to look for data entry positions. To obtain experience, look for entry-level positions.
- Apply for jobs: Send your application, along with your CV and cover letter, to open positions. Make sure your application emphasizes your relevant experience and talents.
- Interview preparation: If you receive an invitation to an interview, get ready by learning about the business and honing your interviewing techniques. Be prepared to talk about your typing abilities and data entry experience.
- Complete the necessary training: Complete the required training: After being employed, you might need to finish the training to master the particular software or system that the business uses. Be prepared to learn and adapt to new systems and processes.
Overall, the ability to type and use a computer are just two of the talents needed to become a data entry clerk. Data entry jobs at the entry-level might help you gain experience and develop your skills for chances in the future.
Where To Find Online Data Entry Clerk Jobs?
There are several websites where you can find online data entry clerk jobs. Here are a few popular job search websites to start with:
- Upwork (https://www.upwork.com/): Upwork is a well-known freelance platform where you can find a variety of jobs, including data entry clerk positions. You can build a profile and apply for jobs that match your qualifications and experience.
- Freelancer (https://www.freelancer.com/): Another popular freelance platform where you can find data entry clerk jobs is Freelancer. You can set up a profile and bid on projects that are a good fit for your skills and experience.
- FlexJobs (https://www.flexjobs.com/): FlexJobs is a job search website that focuses on remote and flexible positions. You can look for data entry clerk jobs on the website and apply directly.
- Indeed (https://www.indeed.com/): Indeed is a popular job search website that features data entry clerk positions from a variety of companies and industries.
- Remote.co (https://remote.co/): Remote.co is a job search website that focuses on remote positions. You can look for data entry clerk jobs on the website and apply directly.
Before applying for a job, do some research on the company or client to ensure that they are legitimate and pay a fair wage. Also, ensure that you carefully read the job description to ensure that you meet the qualifications and have the necessary skills and equipment.
2. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant works remotely for people or companies to complete administrative chores. A virtual assistant works remotely to support people or organizations with their administrative needs. This can involve maintaining social media, setting up appointments, and responding to emails. This occupation is now in demand and the greatest choice for typing employment.
How to be a Virtual Assistant?
Providing administrative help to companies or people may be done from home by working as a virtual assistant. You can follow these steps to become a virtual assistant:
- Determine your skills and expertise: Virtual assistants can help with data input, social media management, customer support, email management, bookkeeping, and other tasks. Identify your talents and expertise, as well as the services you can provide.
- Create a business plan: Determine the services you will provide, as well as your target market, pricing, and marketing techniques. To begin started, you might want to consider using a business plan template.
- Set up a home office: You will need a quiet working environment, a dependable computer, an internet connection, and software tools to assist you in your task.
- Build your online presence: To promote your services and communicate with potential clients, create a website or social media accounts. A professional-looking website or social media presence will aid in your credibility-building efforts.
- Network and find clients: Network with potential clients and consider advertising your services on job boards, freelance platforms, or social media. You can also search for virtual assistant companies and apply for open openings.
- Communicate and provide high-quality service: You will be responsible for connecting with clients and providing high-quality service as a virtual assistant. Make sure you respond to client requests and keep them up to date on the work you’re doing for them.
- Continuously update your skills: Technology and industry trends are constantly changing, therefore you must stay current with current tools, software, and tactics to stay ahead of the competition.
You can become a successful virtual assistant by following these steps and enjoying the convenience of working from home while offering essential services to clients.
Where To Find Online Virtual Assistant Jobs?
There are several websites and job boards where you can find online virtual assistant jobs. Here are some popular options:
- Upwork: Upwork is a freelance job site where you may find virtual assistant jobs from clients all over the world. You can set your own pricing, create a profile, and apply for gigs.
- Freelancer: Another freelance job portal where you can locate virtual assistant jobs is Freelancer. You can make a profile, search for employment, and bid on projects.
- Fiverr: Fiverr is a marketplace where you can sell your virtual assistant services for a fixed fee. Clients can engage you for specific projects if you build a profile and list your services.
- Indeed: Indeed is a prominent job search website where you may find both company and individual virtual assistant employment. You can search for jobs by keyword and area, and you can apply immediately on the website.
- FlexJobs: FlexJobs is a job board that focuses on remote and flexible roles, such as virtual assistant positions. You can search for jobs by category, keyword, and area, and apply online.
- Zirtual: Zirtual is a business that offers virtual assistant services. You can apply as a virtual assistant on their website.
- Virtual Assistant USA: Another organization that offers virtual assistant services is Virtual Assistant USA. They hire virtual assistants on a regular basis, and you may apply through their website.
When applying for virtual assistant jobs, it is critical to thoroughly study the job descriptions and personalize your application to the specific needs of each client or firm. It’s also a good idea to have a well-written résumé and cover letter that highlight your talents and expertise as a virtual assistant.
A transcriptionist is someone who converts recorded audio or video information into written form. This typing profession necessitates excellent listening and typing abilities. This work has recently become popular and is the finest option for typing jobs.
How to be Transcriptionist?
If you’re interested in becoming a transcriptionist, here are some steps you can follow to get started:
- Develop your typing skills: You must have strong typing abilities to work as a transcriptionist. You must be able to type rapidly and precisely.
- Learn transcription software: There are numerous transcription software options available, including Express Scribe, InqScribe, and oTranscribe. Familiarize yourself with transcription software and select the one that best matches your needs.
- Practice with audio files: Find audio files, such as podcasts or movies, and begin transcribing them. This will assist you in honing your abilities and getting a sense of what it’s like to transcribe audio.
- Familiarize yourself with different types of transcription: Transcription work may varies according to the industry or field. Familiarize yourself with various sorts of transcribing, such as medical, legal, or general transcription, and select the category in which you are most interested or have previous expertise.
- Take a course: Try taking a transcription course to learn more about the profession and improve your skills. Several online courses are available, such as those provided by TranscribeAnywhere or Udemy.
- Apply for jobs: After you are confident in your abilities, begin looking for transcription job vacancies. Examine employment boards, freelance websites, or approach transcribing firms directly. Apply for positions that interest you and include samples of your work to demonstrate your abilities.
- Keep improving: Continue to practice and improve your skills as a transcriptionist. Stay up with new trends and technologies, and if necessary, take extra courses.
Keep in mind that transcription job necessitates meticulous attention to detail, patience, and the ability to operate independently. There are many prospects for transcriptionists in various businesses if you are motivated to growing your talents.
Where To Find Online Transcriptionist Jobs?
There are numerous online platforms and websites where you can find transcriptionist jobs. Here are a few options that you should try:
- Transcription websites: There are various websites that specialize in offering transcription services to clients, and some of them also engage freelance transcriptionists. Rev, TranscribeMe, GoTranscript, and Scribie are among examples.
- Rev: Rev is a well-known platform that provides transcription, captioning, and translation services. They engage freelancers for their transcription job and pay them weekly via PayPal.
- TranscribeMe: TranscribeMe is another site that provides transcription services. They hire freelancers from all over the world and pay them with PayPal or Payoneer.
- GoTranscript: GoTranscript is a transcription company that hires freelancers to transcribe audio and video files. They pay weekly via PayPal.
- Scribie: Scribie is a transcription company that works with freelancers to complete transcription projects. They pay $5 to $25 every audio hour and accept PayPal payments.
- Speechpad: Speechpad is a service that provides transcription and captioning. They engage freelancers for transcription work and pay them through PayPal.
- Freelance job platforms: Websites such as Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr provide a wide range of freelance tasks, including transcriptionist positions. On these networks, you may build a profile and apply for transcription jobs that match your skills and experience.
- Job boards: The transcriptionist job is available on several job boards, including Indeed, Glassdoor, and FlexJobs. You can search for jobs by keyword, location, and whether they are full-time or part-time.
- Company career pages: Several businesses hire in-house transcriptionists, and job postings can be found on their careers sections. Transcription Express, Transcription for Everyone, and AccuTran Worldwide are a few examples.
- Social media: Transcriptionist jobs can also be found by following relevant hashtags and accounts on social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn.
When applying for transcriptionist jobs, make sure to thoroughly read the job descriptions and that you have the appropriate abilities and equipment. Some professions may demand specialist expertise, such as medical or legal terms, so make sure to include any applicable experience or training.
Read Also: Earn Money Online Legally 2023
A captioner is someone who creates subtitles for videos or television programs. To work as a captioner, you must have excellent typing skills and the ability to type precisely and fast while listening to audio or video information. This work has recently become popular and is the finest option for typing jobs.
How to be Captioner?
Here are some steps you can take to become a captioner:
- Develop your typing skills: Captioning necessitates good typing abilities, thus it’s critical to practice typing on a daily basis and concentrate on improving your speed and accuracy. Typing tests and courses are available online to help you improve your skills.
- Learn captioning software: There are several software programs available for captioning, including closed captioning software such as MacCaption and CaptionMaker, as well as web-based captioning platforms such as Rev.com and RevCaption.com, are available for captioning. Also, you can find tutorials and training materials online to help you learn how to use these programs.
- Get training and certification: To become a professional captioner, certain firms and organizations require accreditation. Organizations such as the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) and the American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers offer certification programs (AAERT).
- Gain experience: You can practice captioning with different types of content, such as news broadcasts, documentaries, and movies, in order to gain experience and improve your skills. You can also find for freelance captioning opportunities on platforms such as Upwork, Freelancer, or Rev.com.
- Network and market yourself: To find captioning gigs, you must properly market yourself and create a network in the field. To expand your network, you can join professional associations, attend industry events, and reach out to new clients.
Becoming a captioner involves good typing abilities, knowledge of captioning software, training and certification, experience, and successful marketing and networking. With hard effort and determination, you can gain the skills and experience required to excel in this area.
Where To Find Online Captioner Jobs?
There are several online platforms where you can find captioning jobs. Here are a few places to start your search:
- Rev.com: Rev is a popular freelance captioning and transcribing platform. They have a range of professions available, such as closed captioning, subtitling, and transcription.
- CaptionMax: CaptionMax is a company that provides captioning and subtitling services to clients in a variety of sectors. They frequently have opportunities for freelance captioners and translators.
- CaptioningStar: CaptioningStar is a company that offers various captioning and subtitling services. Remote captioners and translators are frequently in demand.
- AI-Media: AI-Media is a company that offers captioning and transcribing services to a variety of sectors. Remote captioners and transcribers are frequently in demand.
- Upwork: Upwork is a freelance marketplace that links businesses with freelancers in a variety of fields, including captioning and transcribing. Using the portal, you may search for and apply for captioning jobs.
- Freelancer: Another famous freelance network that links businesses with freelancers in many industries is Freelancer. Using the portal, you may search for and apply for captioning jobs.
Certain captioning professions may require particular expertise or equipment, including as stenography or specialist captioning software. Before applying, thoroughly read the job description and check that you have the essential skills and equipment.
5. Online Customer Service Representative
A customer Service Representative is a person who assists consumers with queries or problems through phone, email, or chat. This position requires excellent typing and communication abilities.
How to be Online Customer Service Representative?
You will require strong communication skills, customer service expertise, and a computer with a good internet connection to work as an online customer support representative. The following are the general processes for becoming an online customer support representative:
- Research online customer service jobs: You can start on job boards and employment websites for online customer service jobs. Search for a job that is a good fit for your expertise and skills.
- Create your resume and cover letter: When you’ve identified a position that interests you, customize your resume and cover letter to highlight your relevant experience and talents.
- Prepare for the interview: If you’re selected for an interview, do your research on the firm and practice answering common interview questions.
- Demonstrate your skills: Make sure to emphasize your communication skills, customer service experience, and capacity to operate remotely throughout the interview. Prepare to provide examples of how you’ve dealt with difficult situations in the past.
- Complete training: Once you are hired, you may be required to participate in online training to learn about the company’s products or services, customer service rules, and communication procedures.
- Set up your home office: Set up your home office with a computer and internet connection. Also, you may need to provide a separate phone line or headset.
- Start working: Once you’re set-up, follow the company’s policies and processes at all times, reply to clients in a timely manner, and keep a positive and professional attitude.
Follow the company’s policies and processes at all times, reply to clients in a timely manner, and keep a positive and professional attitude.
Where To Find Online Service Representative Jobs?
There are several websites and platforms where you can find online customer service representative jobs. Here are a few options:
- Indeed: Indeed is a famous job search website that features customer service representative positions from a variety of companies.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a professional networking website that provides job openings, including those for customer service representatives.
- FlexJobs: FlexJobs is a job search website that provides the user with flexible and remote jobs, including customer service representative jobs.
- Remote.co: Remote.co is a job search website that provides you with remote job opportunities, including customer service representative jobs.
- Upwork: Upwork is a freelancing platform where you can find customer service representative jobs posted by companies looking to hire freelancers.
- Glassdoor: Glassdoor is a job search website that provides job information openings, including customer service representative jobs, additionally the company provides users with company reviews and salary information.
When searching for customer service representative jobs, it’s important to read the job descriptions carefully and ensure that the job requirements and duties align with your skills and experience. It’s also a good idea to create your resume and cover letter to the specific job you are applying for.
6. Content Writer
The task of a content writer may include writing blog posts, articles, and other information for websites or social media platforms. A content writer writes written material for websites, blogs, and social media platforms. This job requires excellent writing and typing abilities. This work has recently become popular and is finest option for typing jobs.
How to be Content Writer?
Developing your writing skill, creating a portfolio, and finding clients or companies who need your services are all part of being a content writer. These are some ways to become a content writer:
- Develop your writing skills: Because content writing requires good writing abilities, it is critical to practice your writing on a daily basis. You can enhance your writing skills by practicing on a regular basis, attending writing classes or workshops, reading widely, and receiving feedback on your work.
- Choose a niche or industry: Many content writers focus on a specific sector or business, such as healthcare, finance, technology, or lifestyle. Picking a specialization can assist you in becoming an expert in a specific industry and making it simpler to acquire clients or companies.
- Build a portfolio: A portfolio is a collection of your work. You can use that to show potential clients or employers your talents and experience. Create a personal blog or website and start writing articles about niches that you are interested in. You can also look for guest post opportunities on other blogs or websites in order to expose your work to a larger audience.
- Network and find clients: Networking with other authors, joining writing groups or online forums, and using job boards or freelancing markets can help you to find clients or employers. It is critical to be proactive in your job hunt and to sell your service or skill properly.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: Because content writing is a continually changing subject, it’s critical to stay current on the newest trends and best practices. This can be accomplished by reading industry publications, attending webinars or conferences, and following other content writers on social media.
It takes time and work to become a content writer, but with practice and determination, you may build the abilities and experience required to excel in this area.
Where To Find Online Content Writer Jobs?
There are many online platforms and websites where you can find content writer jobs. Here are a few popular ones:
- Upwork: Upwork is one of the largest online freelance platforms, with a wide variety of writing jobs available, including article writing, blog writing, content writing, and more.
- Freelancer: Freelancer is another prominent freelance platform with a wide variety of content writing projects, such as SEO writing, product descriptions, and more.
- ProBlogger: ProBlogger is a job board for bloggers and content creators only. The portal advertises freelance and full-time writing jobs.
- Textbroker: Textbroker is a content writing platform that connects writers with clients who need content for their websites, blogs, and other online platforms.
- Contena: Contena is a freelance writer job board and resource portal. The site provides high-quality job information for content writers, as well as training and resources to help authors develop their skills and make more money.
- Fiverr: Fiverr is a marketplace where freelancers, including writers, offer their services. Customers can search for available writing services and hire authors for a specific project.
These are just a few of the many platforms and websites where you can discover online content writing jobs. Before applying, it is critical to examine each platform and ensure that it matches your abilities and experience.
7. Copy Editor
A copy editor checks written information for problems in grammar, spelling, and punctuation. You must have strong typing skills and attention to detail to start this position.
How to be Copy Editor?
The followings are several steps you can take to start copy editor job:
- Develop strong writing and editing skills: Copy editing involves editing and proofreading written content, so it’s important to have a strong understanding of grammar, syntax, and punctuation. You can improve your writing and editing skills by reading and practicing writing and editing regularly.
- Get a degree in English or a related field: While a degree is not always necessary, having a degree in English, journalism, or a related field. It can be helpful in gaining a deeper understanding of language and literature.
- Gain experience: Working as an intern or freelancer for a publication, website, or other company can help you develop experience. Volunteering to edit or proofread documents for organizations or individuals is another way to gain experience.
- Build a portfolio: As you gain experience, it is critical to create a portfolio of your work to demonstrate to potential employers or clients your talents and experience.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: It is important to stay current on industry trends and developments in editing and proofreading. You can do this by reading industry publications, attending conferences and workshops, and networking with other professionals.
- Consider getting certified: While certification as a copy editor through a professional organization such as the American Society of Journalists and Writers or the Editorial Freelancers Association is not required, however, it can demonstrate your skill and help you stand out to potential employers or clients.
Overall, becoming a copy editor must have good writing and editing abilities, experience, and a desire to learn and adapt to industry developments.
Where To Find Online Copy Editor Jobs?
There are several online platforms where you can find copy editor jobs. Here are some popular platforms to start your search:
- Upwork: Upwork is a well-known freelance marketplace that links clients with freelancers. You can create an Upwork profile and look for copy editing jobs that match your abilities and expertise.
- Freelancer: Another freelance portal that offers copy editor jobs in a variety of disciplines is Freelancer. On the site, you can look through job ads and bid on tasks that interest you.
- Fiverr: Fiverr is a freelance marketplace that provides a variety of services such as copy editing. You can set up a Fiverr profile and offer your skill to clients looking for copy editors.
- Indeed: Indeed is a job search engine that collects job postings from other websites. You can look for copy editor jobs in your area or in remote positions.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a professional networking site where you may find job listings and connect with potential employers. You may look for copy editing jobs on LinkedIn and connect with professionals in the industry.
- FlexJobs: FlexJobs is a job search service that focuses on remote, freelancing, and flexible jobs. On the site, you can look for copy editing jobs and other flexible careers.
It’s important to note that there may be additional industry-specific job forums or platforms where you can find copy editing jobs. It’s always a good idea to do your research and find the best platform for your skills and experience.
A proofreader reviews written content for errors and inconsistencies in written material before it is published. This job requires strong typing and attention to detail. This job is recently popular and best option for typing jobs.
How to be Proofreader?
To become a proofreader, you should follow these steps:
- Improve your language skills: A good proofreader should be fluent in the language they are proofreading. Grammar, punctuation, and spelling are all part of this. Reading widely and taking grammar and writing classes might help you enhance your language skills.
- Learn proofreading marks: Proofreading marks are used to indicate corrections in text, and knowing them is essential for any proofreader. You can find a comprehensive list of proofreading marks online, and you can practice using them on sample texts.
- Gain experience: Practice proofreading by offering your services to friends, relatives, and small businesses to gain experience. You can also apply for internships or entry-level jobs with publishing houses, newspapers, or magazines.
- Build a portfolio: Keep a record of your proofreading work, including before and after samples of your work, and use these samples to showcase your skills to potential clients or employers.
- Consider certification: Although it’s not required, certification can help you stand out in the job market. Several organizations offer proofreading certifications, such as the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA), the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA), and the University of California San Diego Extension.
- Stay up-to-date: Keep yourself up-to-date with changes in language, style, and technology. Read widely, take courses, and join professional organizations to stay current and learn about new trends in the industry.
Becoming a successful proofreader takes time and practice, but with dedication and hard work, you can develop the skills and experience necessary to excel in this field.
Where To Find Online Proofreader Jobs?
There are several online platforms and job boards where you can find proofreading jobs. Here are some references you can look for proofreading jobs:
- Freelance marketplaces: Freelance marketplaces like Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr have a wide range of proofreading jobs available. You can create a profile, search for jobs that match your skills and experience and submit proposals to clients.
- Online job boards: There are several job boards dedicated to remote work, including We Work Remotely, Remote.co, and FlexJobs, that frequently have listings for proofreading jobs.
- Proofreading and editing services: Many online proofreading and editing services, such as Scribendi, EditFast, and Polished Paper, hire freelance proofreaders to work on client projects.
- Online publications: Online publications, such as blogs, websites, and digital magazines, often require proofreaders to ensure that their content is error-free.
- Social media: You can also look for proofreading jobs on social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter. Many companies and individuals post job openings on these platforms.
It’s important to note that some platforms may require you to complete a test or assessment before you can start working as a proofreader. Additionally, it’s important to have a strong portfolio and references to showcase your proofreading skills and experience.